Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 completely dead

ssylvan
Guide

RBR850 completely dead

My RBR850 router just died completely. It was fine and the it wasn't. There are no lights or any sign of activity at all. I tried pressing the reset button for 20+ seconds but saw no lights and nothing else happened. The power adapter is fine (tested with voltmeter). Anyone have any ideas of what else I can try? The netgear support site is broken and won't let me request RMA (just spins forever when I try), and it's > 90 days since I registered so they won't even give me any way of contacting support about this.
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 completely dead

Please contact a forum moderator about this vis PM:

@Blanca_O 

Message 2 of 5
ssylvan
Guide

I'm gonna go ahead and respond in public, because this kind of anti-customer bull**bleep** needs public shaming.

So I called, them, got an RMA scheduled, sent them pictures and everything. Then over the weekend, when I didn't have email access, they sent me an email tot he effect "Your case is still open, respond within 24h via phone or it will be archived". Note, it said "archived". Not that it would have any other effect. As far as I know the case was closed since the RMA was on its way. 

Then they cancelled the fedex shipment. WTF? The RMA was literally en route and they cancelled it because I didn't respond to the vaguely worded email above (esp with a 24h time limit!). Why was it still "open" when they told me the RMA was good to go? Why give me 24h to responds and then just straight up cancel the shipment?

I have never experienced customer support this openly hostile to a paying customer before. Literally going out of your way to screw me over. You could've literally done nothing and the RMA woudl've made it here and the issue woudl be resolved, but I guess for some reaso you really enjoy making your customers jump through hoops. 

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make contact with a forum moderator to help you out. 

@Blanca_O 

Message 4 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ssylvan

Please send me a private message with the RMA number or case number by clicking on this link 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7