Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 only one device connects

Cwdudley
Aspirant

RBR850 only one device connects

My Orbi will only connect to a single device. Factory reset and the issue persists. Of course the app says everything is fine and I have 80 devices happily connected. Not an issue with my ISP as I keep the old router around and it works fine with multiple devices. Any idea of the culprit?

Message 1 of 7
Cwdudley
Aspirant

Re: RBR850 only one device connects

Also I am on the latest firmware, have a fiber connection

Message 2 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Have switched the RBR850 to Access Point mode, so there is no NAT active on the router?

Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@Cwdudley wrote:

My Orbi will only connect to a single device. Factory reset and the issue persists. Of course the app says everything is fine and I have 80 devices happily connected.

Please explain what indicates that only a single device connects to the Orbi system?
(Technically, devices connect to WiFi systems. WiFi systems do not connect to devices.)

• Does only one device in the house function?  (The other 79 are not working?)
  • Does the Orbi web interface Attached Devices display only one device?

It would be useful to understand the network topology.  "What is connected to what?" and using which ports?

There have been numerous posts on the forum where users have placed the Orbi router in Access Point (AP) mode and cabled the router and satellites in a way that prevents the router from detecting devices attached to satellites.

Message 4 of 7
Cwdudley
Aspirant

The former, only one will function. I haven’t touched any settings from factory default and unsure how to change the access mode (I assume through the web interface?). Is it possible it changed on its own or needs to be manually flipped off by me? Thanks both for hopping in to help 🙂

Message 5 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@Cwdudley wrote:

The former, only one will function.

The WiFi name printed on the label appears as an available system, and the smartphone running the Orbi app can connect to that WiFi using the password printed on the label, can access the internet and the Orbi app, correct?

But no other device can access the WiFi network?

Do you recognize the other devices listed in the Orbi app as being in the house?

(i.e. the Orbi app is describing this router and not some other system?)

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What actual Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@Cwdudley wrote:

Also I am on the latest firmware, have a fiber connection

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7