Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBRE960 / RBSE960 Firmware Version v6.3.7.10 Yes, random wifi drop outs.

Mjh2157
Tutor

RBRE960 / RBSE960 Firmware Version v6.3.7.10 Yes, random wifi drop outs.

Yes, random wifi drop outs.  My wife is on wifi off a satelite that has a backhaul and her wifi drops on her work laptop and S10+ phone regularly.  

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBRE960 / RBSE960 Firmware Version v6.3.7.10 Yes, random wifi drop outs.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Is Armor, SPC, IoT and Separate 6Ghz SSID networks enabled? 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 2 of 6
Mjh2157
Tutor

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

-6.3.7.10 on router and 3 satelites. 
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

-Altice GR140DG in bridge mode
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

- using certified Cat6a.   Cat6a from ONT to 960 router 10G port.  Cat6a form 960 router 2.5g port to Netgear 4300 switch.  CAT6A from 3 ports on M4300 at 2.5g to each of 3 satelites 2.5g port.  Everything was working perfectly with the last two previous firmwares.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

5,500 sq ft
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

- one satelite on cat6a in basement from m4300 switch on first floor about 75' from router

- one satelite on cat6a on 2nd floor from m4300 switch on first floor about 40' from router

- one satelite on cat6a on 3rd floor from m4300 switch on first floor about 75' from router

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.

AUTO everything
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

- i see one other distant neighbors ssid sometimes with 1 signal bar, I live in the woods.

Is Armor, SPC, IoT and Separate 6Ghz SSID networks enabled? 

- none of those items are enabled.  screenshot:

Mjh2157_2-1674875075793.png

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?

- yes, attempted several times
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

-attempted several times.  I besides my wife's thinkpad and s10 plus having random drops I have also had wifi issues with my nest thermostat all of sudden that I never had with a previous firmware.  The nest thermostat have been working for about a year now until this firmware came out.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Is FW same on RBS as whats loaded on the RBR? 

How was the FW updated on the system? 

Try setting manual channel 1 on 2.4Ghz and 40  channel on 5Ghz.

Also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50%. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings.

Message 4 of 6
Mjh2157
Tutor

Is FW same on RBS as whats loaded on the RBR?

- yes 

How was the FW updated on the system? 

- manually, satelites first then router then reset all then reload saved config.

Try setting manual channel 1 on 2.4Ghz and 40  channel on 5Ghz.

- ok, done

Also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50%. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings.

- ok, done

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

See how it goes. I see you reloaded a saved config, seen it where older saved configs can cause problem with newer versions of FW. If you see a continueed problem, i'd FR and setup from scratch with out loading a saved config file. 

Give it 3 days for now...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7