Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBRE960 constantly disconnects/connected with out internet

RBRE960 constantly disconnects/connected with out internet

Has anyone had any success resolving this issue? It is beyond frustrating and there are many posts relating to it so clearly it is an issue with netgear not our networks. Having to turn down power and remove and RBS is not what I expect after spending £1500 on this rubbish setup.

Message 1 of 11

Re: RBRE960 constantly disconnects/connected with out internet

Thanks for your response. Much appreciated and glad these issues have been acknowledged as most likely being a wider issue. I have little time for tinkering myself right now and have a complaining Mrs due to the money spent and loss of Internet consistently.

I hope netgear acknowledge this issue themselves very soon.

Message 2 of 11
airdos360
Aspirant

I am also have the same issues with constant disconnects on devices.  Some of the time, devices refuse to connect and I need to restart the router then they connect right away.   I have tried a complete reset of the router and same issues persist.

On cell phones, we are also seeing Invalid Password errors when connecting.   The phone will get booted then can't connect again until you reselect the Wifi.

Message 3 of 11

Exact same as mine! Support refusing to respond to my emails about the issue now, I expect waiting for my free support period to end. The community here informed me on another thread that the issue is with my WiFi adapters in 3 laptops that are less than 2 years.
I have now reverted to my old linksys system and I am happy again but £1500 poorer as a result. I will try again on the new firmware if it ever comes.

Message 4 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What brand and model are the wifi adapters on the laptops? Be sure these have updated drivers...

Is it only these devices that exhibit this problem?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

How many RBS do you have deployed? 

What channels are you using? 
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Is the IoT and Separate 6Ghz SSID enabled on the RBR? 

Message 5 of 11
MS_1234
Guide

In all sincerity, if you are still within your return window, you should return your Orbi 960 and purchase another brand. I can tell you that the Orbi 960 system is full of flaws in the firmware, with no promise of a fix in sight. I have months worth of troubleshooting and logs that show how there are numerous problems in the firmware. My problem is that I fell into the trap of tinkering and troubleshooting for too long, and lost my return ability to return my purchase.  FWIW I am now able to get some utility out of the Orbi 960, but must use the router alone and cannot use either of the Orbi 960 satellites, and must reboot the router every day (I have the RBRE960 on a plug-in timer, LOL!). Yes, this is a step back from what I had with my old Orbi 850 system, which by the way, is installed in my second home and works exceptionally well.

Message 6 of 11

Sadly I am not within my return period either, I bought this 2 days before my expected completion date for the new house but for reasons I won't go into here I did not get round to using it for 6 weeks and I was then too busy to do it once I realised it was a terrible product.
I have asked support for an RMA as I assume some units work fine?! But again, they were not interested in assisting. It is disappointing and I will never buy or even recommend another netgear product will also continue raising this on social media platforms.

Thank you for sharing your experience, I am glad I am not alone but also sorry for the pair of us! I too hope to find some use for it one day.
Message 7 of 11
airdos360
Aspirant

Same here.  I am out of the return period and have talked to support multiple times with no success.  They just say reset it.   As with any new product, I had hopes that they would be updating firmware to correct the issues but haven't for a long time.   Unfortunately, we are all in the same boat with a faulty product.   Hopefully the realize this is effecting a lot of people.

I see that there have been a few posts last month on FW 6.3.1.21.  

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBK963-6-3-1-21/td-p/2255169

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBRE960-RBSE960-Firmware-Version...

Message 8 of 11

We should turn this thread into a support group for disgruntled owners!
I'm in the UK and I am tempted to reach out to the trading standards to see if netgear have any obligations.
Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

If your out of warranty then I recommend that you please give feedback to the questions presented so I might be able to help you here, figure out what the real problem is and see if we can get your systems working. A few of us have not seen these issues that you describe and have some experiences getting this setup and working well and working thru troublesome problems. Maybe we can help you here. 

Ive put mine back online again yesterday, both RBS ethernet connected and all is working well. 

This forum is for tech support with other users. Not for logging complaints. 

If you don't want to work with other users here in the forums, then you'll need to reach out to NG support or a forum moderator to help you out.

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Community-Welcome/NETGEAR-Community-User-Guidelines/m-p/1338880#M13

Message 10 of 11

Orbi 9 series

Sounds like you're having similar issues to many other users here including myself. Essentially the Orbi 9 series seems to be a flawed product that is still being sold and advertised by Netgear without ever addressing the issues.

You might get more stable internet if you reduce the power output of the router to 50% but why should we have to do that?! I am sure some users here will also blame your wifi adaptors or iphone updates for causing the issue.

Anyway, I am hoping it is resolved by a firmware update but hope is fading by the day, I am stuck with the product as past the return period. I would suggest you to return it if you can and avoid Netgear products as their support is equally bad, you will be happier for it.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7