Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS 750 Constantly disconnecting

Hammyhouse
Tutor

RBS 750 Constantly disconnecting

I have been having the exact same issue and mine are about 35 feet apart directly across from each other. Spoke with support they said to do a shock reset to it. Still doesn't work right. Going to open another ticket. What i can tell is when i have more than both ethernet ports in use on the satellite is when i notice it more. Also unit is warm to touch when seems like maybe its getting hot? Router is always cool. However in same boat paid for upgrade and my rbs50 worked better than this.

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS 750 Constantly disconnecting

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

What devices do you have connected? 

Message 2 of 8
Hammyhouse
Tutor

Firmware version v4.6.8.2
I forget what model the modem is but i dont think its the issue as the router never goes down. When the satelite goes down i still have working service on the router( wifi and ethernet) its just the satellite that goes down.

Single story 2100 sq ft, one is placed in the far back room which is my office and then ine is in the front by loving room tv. I did measure with measuring tape its about 35 ft away from each other.

On the satellite it has two ring devices wifi, pc (hard wire) , ps5 wifi , amazonfire stick, nest connect, ring bridge.

Reason i got this is i have a lot of smart appliances and was told this could handle a decent amount of devices.

Now i do only have 500 internet , but would router go down as well if isp issue?

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What channels are you using on the RBR? Try channel 1 and 40.

Is the FW on the RBS same as on the RBR? 

Might try turning down the power output of the RBRs Wi-Fi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Also enable SIP ALG under Advanced tab/Setup/WAN Setup

Message 4 of 8
Hammyhouse
Tutor

Satellite is on the same fw.

At work so when i get home i will make those adjustments.

Router is on entertainment system under 65 tv. Thinking of moving it away or mounting on wall for less interference?

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 6 of 8
Hammyhouse
Tutor

Set 2.4 tomchannel 1 , 5 was at 48 already
Changed router wifi signal to 50%
I believe i had sip enabled already, says check to disable and the box isnt checked and says secure.
Message 7 of 8
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Hammyhouse,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

Are you still experiencing disconnection issues with your RBS750?

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7