Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBS 750 Poor Backhaul Green LED after Reset

Andrewh37
Aspirant

RBS 750 Poor Backhaul Green LED after Reset

Hi, I have an Orbi RBR 750 and three RBS 750 satellites. My system worked very well for six months. Recently one of my satellites keeps, losing connection, then the white light flashes and the LED light goes green. Backhaul is shown as Poor and the WiFi is weak. When I reset the satellite the white light flashes and the LED goes green, not blue amber or magenta as indicated in the user manual. Any ideas what is causing the problem?

Firmware v4.6.3.7

Thanks Andrew

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

Try leaving off the 1 RBS and move the other RBS around so that is give some coverage to the Kitchen area...

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Swap locations with other RBS to see if the problem follows the RBS or remains? 

Message 2 of 10
Andrewh37
Aspirant

Furry, I tried swapping satellites and the same green light came on and the Backhaul was poor so it looks like it is the location. But I don't understand the green light. Amber and Magenta are meant to indicate no connection and a poor connection. The netgear documentation makes no mention of a green light. Thanks for your help Andrew

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

So swapping RBS at this location seems to keep a green front LED at this location with the different RBS and does not follow the previous RBS? 

What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)?

Message 4 of 10
Andrewh37
Aspirant

Furry, so I swapped another satellite into to problem location and it was showing a green light on reboot. I put this satellite back into its old location and it showed blue after reboot. I also put the satellite in the problem location into a new location and it was blue on reboot. So I think the green light is due to location not an individual satellite fault. 

My house has three floors but everything is ok apart from the problem location in the kitchen which which is on the same floor as the router but is probably 40 or 50ft from the router.

This location was blue when I originally set up the system. Once again thanks for the help.

andrew 

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

So all working now? 

Message 6 of 10
Andrewh37
Aspirant

Furry, I still have the problem that that I have poor Backhaul in the kitchen and I do not know why the satellite shows green rather than blue, amber or magenta,

andrew

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Try leaving off the 1 RBS and move the other RBS around so that is give some coverage to the Kitchen area...

Message 8 of 10
Andrewh37
Aspirant

Furry, I have move the RBS and it is now blue after reboot and has good Backhaul. Thanks for your help. The meaning of a green light will remain a mystery! All done

thanks Andrew

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

I'll see if I can find out what the GREEN LED means. 

Glad the move worked. Enjoy. 

Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series