Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS 750 slow Download fast Upload

Niarot
Follower

RBS 750 slow Download fast Upload

Hi all,

i got my new RBR 750/ RBS 750 pair yesterday an it is not working as i expected it to.

Both devices are updated to the latest 4.6.5.14 firmware and approximatly 30 feet apart.

I already tried to factory reset, set the CTS/RTS values and most of the other tips i could find in the forum.

The behaviour i get is the following.

Speedtest from the RBR 750 gives me nearly 1G up and down.

Connecting my Macbook to the RBR from the point where the RBS is located gives me around 400Mbit up and down

Connecting to the RBS from my Macbook gives me 70 Mbit down and 700 Mbit upload speed

When the RBS is connected to the RBR with 2.4 GHz i get 200-250 Mbit up and down.

Does anyone have an idea why i get such a big difference between download and upload speed when the direct connection to the RBR works ok from the same spot?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS 750 slow Download fast Upload

@Niarot wrote:

Hi all,

i got my new RBR 750/ RBS 750 pair yesterday an it is not working as i expected it to.

Both devices are updated to the latest 4.6.5.14 firmware and approximatly 30 feet apart.

I already tried to factory reset, set the CTS/RTS values and most of the other tips i could find in the forum.

The behaviour i get is the following.

Speedtest from the RBR 750 gives me nearly 1G up and down.

Connecting my Macbook to the RBR from the point where the RBS is located gives me around 400Mbit up and down

Connecting to the RBS from my Macbook gives me 70 Mbit down and 700 Mbit upload speed<Be sure when you move positions with your mac book closer to the RBS, that you disable the wifi radio on the Mac Book for 5 seconds then back ON as the Mac Book may still be connected to the RBR and not the RBS. 

When the RBS is connected to the RBR with 2.4 GHz i get 200-250 Mbit up and down. <The RBS should be connected to the RBR at 5Ghz, not 2.4Ghz. Capture a screen shot of the RBS home page and post it. Use the Choose File button. 

Does anyone have an idea why i get such a big difference between download and upload speed when the direct connection to the RBR works ok from the same spot?

Thanks in advance

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7