Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS20 is unable to connect to my router RBR750

CrazY_l3oYz
Aspirant

RBS20 is unable to connect to my router RBR750

Hi, my RBS20 is unable to connect to RBR750. It keeps failing regardless I'm using the phone, computer, or syncing directly from the router and satellite itself.

These are what I received:-
Screenshot 2022-01-09 at 11.58.45 AM.pngScreenshot 2022-01-09 at 12.05.13 PM.pngIMG_7121.PNG

Can someone help? Thanks

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS20 is unable to connect to my router RBR750

Message 2 of 7
agagon
Aspirant

RBS20 could become a satellite of RBR750 if they are connected via cable.

Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Netgear has published a table showing which Orbi satellites are compatible with which Orbi routers:

https://kb.netgear.com/000065169/Which-Orbi-routers-and-satellites-are-compatible 

Notice that the RBS20 is not shown to be compatible with the RBR750 router.   One obvious explanation is that the original 802.11ac product line and the 802.11ax product line use different technology for the 5G backhaul connection.  The user-facing (fronthaul) radio technology is different as well.

It would be a useful experiment if you connect the RBS20 to the RBR750 with an Ethernet cable and "see what happens".

Message 4 of 7
agagon
Aspirant

I tested it and surprisingly works, as I mentioned on my previous post. Here are the screenshots:

attached-devices.png

The caveat is that I was unable to access the admin web page (http://192.168.1.250), hence I am unable to change the network name, since I wanted it to have the same one as 802.11ax network. I tried many combination of passwords, just to name a few I tried:

admin/password
admin/(same password as route console)
admin/1234
admin/(blank)
admin/admin
(blank)/password

Here is the WIFI that I was able to connect to:

wifi.png

Message 5 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks for reporting the results.  I would say it almost works. The router sees that something is connected, but cannot manage it.  Little things like

• Cannot set the WiFi SSID
  • Cannot set the WiFi channel
  • Probably cannot specify Access Control parameters
  • Cannot assign the satellite an IP

How did you learn the password for the satellite WiFi (ORBI63)?

Message 6 of 7
agagon
Aspirant

You are spot on saying it almost works.
I did a hard reset. ORBI63 and its password are the default ones as shown at the bottom of the device.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7