Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS350 Satelites out of sync

Cfoote14
Aspirant

RBS350 Satelites out of sync

Need help. Just installed new Orbi mesh system. Rbr 750 with two RBS350 satelites. Satelites are constantly showing out of sync for backhaul status. However connection is good and anything hardwired into them works great. Just seems like they are not pushing out a Wi-Fi signal. I’ve reset both Satelites and reset the router. One second it will show good backhaul status the next it’s out of sync.
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS350 Satelites out of sync

OK yes, the RBS are behind. Can you access there web pages with a PC and web browswer by navigating to there IP addresses seen on the RBRs web page? If so, manually update the RBS:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WIFI-6-AX-AND-Wi-Fi-6E-AXE/New-RBK653-Firmware-Version-4-6-14-...

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11

All Replies
Cfoote14
Aspirant

Each satellite shows firmware 4.6.3.16 when I login to their website but does not show a firmware number in the Orbi app. Everything I’ve read seems like it’s a firmware issue. Do I need to update?
Message 2 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version is on the RBR750? 

Is this system from the RBK650 series kit box? 

Message 3 of 11
Cfoote14
Aspirant

System is from RBK653-100NAS
FW on RBR750 is V4.6.14.3
Message 4 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

OK yes, the RBS are behind. Can you access there web pages with a PC and web browswer by navigating to there IP addresses seen on the RBRs web page? If so, manually update the RBS:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WIFI-6-AX-AND-Wi-Fi-6E-AXE/New-RBK653-Firmware-Version-4-6-14-...

Message 5 of 11
Cfoote14
Aspirant

I will try this tonight. To confirm, I need to have the pc plugged into the router via Ethernet even though I’m only updating the FW on the Satelites?
Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

You can have a PC connected to the RBR or the RBS directly. 

Message 7 of 11
Cfoote14
Aspirant

I've downloaded the Satelite update, is it normal that the file cannot open on a desktop, it says the file is corrupt?  Sorry i'm a rookie with this stuff.  This is the file name, RBS350-V4.6.14.3_signed and it is a .img file.  This is the one I upload to the satelites correct?  

Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

yes, don't open the .img  file, just get to the RBS web page and select the Firmware Update selecting on the RBS web page then select the button to navigate to where the .IMG file is. Select it there then select the Update button. The file will be sent here to the RBS.

Message 9 of 11
Cfoote14
Aspirant

Updated FW on both Satellites.  Backhaul Status is now showing Good for over 30 minutes, as opposed to 30 seconds, and the connected devices have now switched from the router to the appropriate satellite.  Thank you for your help, I greatly appreciate it.  

This is a great product, but rather complicated to set up out of the box.  Why would the router automatically update the firmware on set up but not the satellites?  I thought everything was good to go last night, everything was running super fast, then when i was in the Orbi app i noticed everything was connected to the router and no satellites.  Thankfully google pointed me to this website.  

Thank you again.

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7