Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS50 won't connect to RBR850 wirelessly and keeps broadcasting default SSID

liquid1287
Tutor

RBS50 won't connect to RBR850 wirelessly and keeps broadcasting default SSID

Sigh...

I have an RBR850 and RBS850 connected via backhaul working fine. My problem lies when trying to add an RBS50.

If connected via backhaul it shows connected but no wireless devices connect. Only connected devices are showing as other devices on LAN. I have factory reset several times as well as 30-30-30 resets with no luck. When on backhaul it's still broadcasting default SSID "orbi98". I have only been able to connect via login directly to IP 192.168.1.250 after factory reset. From there I was able to update firmware to 7.3.22. Although through orbilogin it shows as failed. Once a factory reset is done I can login to the satellite quicky after booting. From there I was able to update firmware. Once it reboots it has connected to RBR and I can't login again. Somehow the password has changed and it's no longer the default or the one I have for the rest of my network. Once I disconnect lan satellite can't be found nor be added. I have tried to add satellite via orbilogin and app several times with no luck. I have also tried after removing it from connected satellites then add with no luck. Both satellites are behind RBR850. I'm out of ideas. Screenshot 2022-03-08 150541.jpgScreenshot 2022-03-08 150408.jpg

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS50 won't connect to RBR850 wirelessly and keeps broadcasting default SSID

RBS50 series are not compatible nor supported on Orbi AX series systems. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS50 won't connect to RBR850 wirelessly and keeps broadcasting default SSID

RBS50 series are not compatible nor supported on Orbi AX series systems. 

Message 2 of 10
liquid1287
Tutor

Well Fu**

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya, used to be that RBS50 connected via etherent worked however NG seemed to have closed the door on that one as well. 

There a need for additional wifi coverage with your current system? 

Message 4 of 10
liquid1287
Tutor

Yes, due to my house setup one more access point would be helpful.

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)?

Message 6 of 10
liquid1287
Tutor

2400sq ft ranch with full basement. Router is in basement corner. Satelite is on main level about 65ft away.

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Basements are not good places for main host wifi routers. Concrete and steel can and will cause problems and reduce wifi coverage. If you can get the RBR ont he main level, then this would help with coverage and connection to the RBS out at that distance. 

Message 8 of 10
liquid1287
Tutor

I could swap the satellite and router. Does the router put out a stronger signal than satellite?

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Should be the same how ever the RBR is the source app and you don't want any signal problems coming from or being interferred with from the source router. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7