Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS750 connected but not showing up in both app and browser

Chubbyonekenoby
Aspirant

RBS750 connected but not showing up in both app and browser

Hi All,

My current setup is an RBR750 router with two RBS750 satellite.

Having issue with one of my satellite where it is connected to the network (I have one device connected via wire to the satellite and able to go to internet), but not showing in both the app and the browser.

Initially the satellite is always showing as "offline" in the app and browser (while it is still connected). During troubleshooting, when I try to remove and re-add it, it was no longer able to show up anymore in both app and browser (and yes it is connected as per above). So while I don't have a problem (connectivity wise), I lost visibility on the satellite and any devices connected to it 😞

No drama on the 2nd satellite.

I am using the V7.2.6.21_5.0.20 firmware, which I believe is the latest.

Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBS750 connected but not showing up in both app and browser

Is it correct to assume that:

• The RBR750 is in 'router' mode?
  • The wired satellite is connected to one of the RBR750 LAN ports, either directly or through a switch (or switches)?

Thanks

Message 2 of 4
Chubbyonekenoby
Aspirant

Hi,
First of all, thanks for the reply.

Yes RBR is in router mode.

My apology for not making it clear earlier, but the two satellites are wirelessly connected to the router. There is a PC that is wired into the problematic satellite that i can confirm connected to internet (which shows that the satellite is actually connected even when it is not showing). The problematic satellite was connected in the past with intermittently showing as not in app. As part of recent troubleshooting, i removed the satellite and try to re add it where this time i cant even show it at all even though it is connected
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR📡 and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wired or wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

What browser are you using? Is this happening in different broswsers? 

What channel configurations are currently set on the router?  
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7