Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS750 ethernet port not working

FoReVeRJsUs
Aspirant

RBS750 ethernet port not working

Everything is working but when I tried to connect anything on the satellite using Ethernet port
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS750 ethernet port not working

Power OFF and back ON?

Using good quality LAN cables? CAT6 is recommended. 

MIght contact NG support to see what your options are if nothing helps...

Message 2 of 8
FoReVeRJsUs
Aspirant

Hi,
I have Already tried that. Same result
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Press the reset button for 15 seconds then release then resync. Check the LAN ports. 

Sounds like a HW failure on the RBS...

Message 4 of 8
FoReVeRJsUs
Aspirant

I have tried that as well. What is weird is that the lights are on for while and then after they turn off. No IP address assigned or device connected on the network
Message 5 of 8
Mikey94025
Hero

@FoReVeRJsUs wrote:
I have tried that as well. What is weird is that the lights are on for while and then after they turn off. No IP address assigned or device connected on the network

Note that it is normal for the LED right light to turn off after displaying solid White during startup: https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite-mean.  However, it is not normal for the ethernet ports not to work with wired devices.  Have you tried multiple types of devices (to rule out an ethernet device misconfiguration)?

If you have a PC or laptop can you give us more detail on exactly the error displayed for the ethernet device?  For example (1) Is the port able to get a valid IP address (not 169.254.*,* which is what it says when it cannot get an IP) but still cannot talk to the gateway (RBR), or (2) no IP address is received, indicating a DHCP error.  On Windows the CLI to run is `ipconfig` and on Mac it is `ifconfig`: https://itssc.rpi.edu/hc/en-us/articles/360001995831-How-to-find-your-MAC-Address-for-MacOS-Linux-Wi... 

Message 6 of 8
FoReVeRJsUs
Aspirant

I have tried many devices and the same result. I will try with my Laptop and see if I can get some more details. Do you know if you need to enable the ethernet ports somehow?
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

LAN ports get enabled automatically during boot up. There's no user configuration.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7