Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS750 not showing in attached devices on my CBR750

slosrt8
Tutor

RBS750 not showing in attached devices on my CBR750

So yesterday I got a notification in my CBR750 that new firmware was available. I should have known better than to update it. But I did and now my RBS750 (which was working perfectly before the FW update) is not showing in my CBR750 attached devices. I've tried a factory reset on both units and still nothing. I brought the RBS750 into the same room with the CBR750 and let them sit overnight and nothing. I have an IP address for the RBS750 but doesn't show anywhere in the attached device on the CBR750 and it has devices attached to it when I login to it from my web browser. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

CBR750 FW: V4.6.5.8_2.0.54

RBS750 FW: V4.6.11.1

I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION. HOW DO I CLOSE THIS THREAD.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS750 not showing in attached devices on my CBR750

Be sure you update the RBS first the CBR lastly when the system has a FW update and be sure update the RBS only from the CBKs support page seen here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/cbk752.aspx#download

Do NOT use other FW update files from the Orbi RBK system pages for the RBS that comes with the CBR. These FW versions are NOT compatible with the CBR!!! 

@slosrt8 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

@slosrt8 wrote:

I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION. HOW DO I CLOSE THIS THREAD.

Tell people what the solution is. (And win their eternal gratitude.)

Then mark that as Accept As Solution.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure you update the RBS first the CBR lastly when the system has a FW update and be sure update the RBS only from the CBKs support page seen here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/cbk752.aspx#download

Do NOT use other FW update files from the Orbi RBK system pages for the RBS that comes with the CBR. These FW versions are NOT compatible with the CBR!!! 

@slosrt8 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series