Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS750 update pulled?

pgbachman
Aspirant

RBS750 update pulled?

Orbi RBR/RBS 750. Am running 4.6.8.5_2.1.9. Checked web UI on Saturday and it showed an update available to 4.6.9.11 available for both router and satellites.

Checked web UI this morning, hoping to apply the update, but availability has changed:

- router (RBR750) still shows 4.6.9.11 available

- satellites (RBS750) now show 4.6.3.16 available - a lower release number than the 4.6.8.5 currently running on the satellites.

The support page for the RBR/RBS 750 shows the 4.6.9.11 release available for both if I do manual update.

Question: Has the 4.6.9.11 update for the RBS750 satellites been pulled, or is this a glitch in the updater?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS750 update pulled?

Probably a glitch. v.11 is stable and still available.

I highly recommend manually downloading the RBS and RBR FW files and unpacking them.

Updating the RBS thru the RBS web page FIRST. Once they are updated, update same manual process for the RBR:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-4...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Probably a glitch. v.11 is stable and still available.

I highly recommend manually downloading the RBS and RBR FW files and unpacking them.

Updating the RBS thru the RBS web page FIRST. Once they are updated, update same manual process for the RBR:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-4...

Message 2 of 4
pgbachman
Aspirant

Thank you. I wanted to make sure there wasn't a reason the updater changed.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Make sure you read and review the posted notes on the new FW. Users have been asking for the opt out option. 😉

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7