Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbk853 satellite 2.4ghz

Superpapu
Aspirant

Rbk853 satellite 2.4ghz

Hi, I have the rkb853.

I detect that all the devices are connected to the main router (2,4 and 5ghz) and none to the satellites even if the device is close to the satellite.

The satellites has 2.4ghz band? 

what can I do to force the connections to the satellites in order to increase the signal? In both signals

thanks

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Rbk853 satellite 2.4ghz

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

is up to client devices to pick and choose where they connect too. 

You can try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 9
Superpapu
Aspirant

Hi

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

4.6.3.16_2.0.51

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

the router is connected directly to the ont. the provider is Movistar (Spain). In general the wifi is perfect, it just the devices don't connect to the satellites 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

is a 860 sq flat in 1 level.

What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

the distance is 150 sq with the first one and 300 sq with the second

is up to client devices to pick and choose where they connect too. 

You can try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings
you said to disable the "wifi" in the Orbi app in the devices that I want in order see if that would solve the problem

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

860 sq Feet or Meters? 

"you said to disable the "wifi" in the Orbi app in the devices that I want in order see if that would solve the problem" No this is not what I said. >You can try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings < this is done thru the RBR web page using a web browser. 

Message 4 of 9
Superpapu
Aspirant

860 sq Feet or Meters? 

the house is 100m2 and the distance with the first satellite is 15m and with the second 25m.

Message 5 of 9
Superpapu
Aspirant

Here you can see all the devices to the main router and none to the satellites

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens  if you turn down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 25% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings < this is done thru the RBR web page using a web browser. 

Message 7 of 9
Superpapu
Aspirant

I restart the system and now the devices are
Connected to the satellites except some of them with the weak signal. Is posible to “move” to force to the satellites ??
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

No.

What happens if you disable AX mode on the RBR for the 2.4Ghz radio? Under Basic Tab/Wireless. Remove the check mark next to 2.4Ghz under AX mode. Apply the setting. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7