Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Recommendations for switches for use with CBR750

mad_scientist
Aspirant

Recommendations for switches for use with CBR750

I recently upgraded to an Orbi cable modem/router with satellitle (CBK752) system that contains a CBR750 modem/router and RBS750 satellite (currently connected via wireless backhaul) from a Nighthawk AC1900 system with a detached cable modem, router, and satellite. The mesh setup went smoothely, and I am very happy with both the increased coverage area, proper auto-selection of network bands, and speed for the devices that can take advantage of it.

I have an in-wall gigabit wired network connected to the router through a series of switches. There is also one power-line network connection connected to these switches. When I initially installed the Orbi router, nothing on my wired in-wall network could access the internet (everything showed as "network cable unplugged"). I found I could remedy this by bypassing the switch and connecting the source cable directly to one of the router's wired ports.

The next issue that I had was that two PCs (both connected to that same Zyxel unmanaged switch) in my office kept duelling for the same IP address regardless of how I tried to restrict or reserve their addresses. The PCs were also both gated to 100 Mbps despite all devices and cables being rated at 1 Gbps or better. 

On a hunch, I move the wired connection for one of the PCs directly to the CBR750 router, and the IP conflict issue resolved. The PC connected directly to the router is no longer gated at 100 Mbps, but the one still connected to the switch is. So, the Zyxel unmanaged switch does not appear to function properly in tandem with the new router. 

I am hoping for replacement gigabit switch recommendations to avoid the undesired IP conflicts and speed gating that I have encountered.

Thanks for any help/advice!

Current wired hardware:

Modem/Router: CBR750

Zyxel switches model: ZyXEL GS108Bv3 8 Port

Zyxel power line network adapters: ZyXEL PLA4205KIT 

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Recommendations for switches for use with CBR750

NG GS-105/108v4, D-Link DGS-105/108 and HP ProCurve 1400/1800 series switches work for Orbi systems.

Message 2 of 4
mad_scientist
Aspirant

Thanks kindly for the information - much appreciated!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements