Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Samsung cellphone A32, A72, and Galaxy tab A7 lose connection to RBR850 /RBS850

Yasou
Aspirant

Samsung cellphone A32, A72, and Galaxy tab A7 lose connection to RBR850 /RBS850

My above Samsung cellphones and tablet, and my IPhone 7 Plus, lose connection to my Orbi WiFi network.
This has been happening for the last 2 weeks. It’s a daily problem, and about every 2nd day with my IPhone. I’ve changed nothing in my Orbi settings. I have outstanding coverage throughout my house - minimum 150mbps. I have a simple setup: wired connection between the 2 Orbi units, no guest ssid.
I e tried all the usual stuff: repowerring the fibre unit, repowerring the RBR and RBS units, forgetting the network, etc. all devices and Orbi’s are on latest updates.
So….help!!! Please.
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Samsung cellphone A32, A72, and Galaxy tab A7 lose connection to RBR850 /RBS850

Ya totaly agree. BOTH mfrs were not better forthcoming when they intro'd this feature. Seems to have weaseled it's way in there OS updates and after it was loaded, was kind of glanced over by everyone until other users started posting about it and meantioning they tried disabling it and solved there problems. 

So ya, if your at home with phones and pads, leave it disabled. Out side from home traveling, yes, enable it as it is a security and privacy risk when at foriegn wifi signals with or with out security set. 

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Samsung cellphone A32, A72, and Galaxy tab A7 lose connection to RBR850 /RBS850

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended

How many RBS are deployed? 
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR📡 and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

Does this happen with the RBS turned OFF? 
Does this happen with both wireless and wired devices? 
What channel configurations are currently set on the router? 

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Smart Parental Controls or Circle, Traffic Meter.

Message 2 of 4
Yasou
Aspirant

Thanks for the detailed points!😃. After going thru all your suggestions, I found the problem. It was the MAC address randomizing which was turned on on the various cellphones. Never heard of such a feature. Why was this ever turned on without any warning by the manufacturers? It’s not a security issue. It’s about privacy. From what I can gather, it should be a feature that is turned off when in home WiFi and then on when at the local coffee shop. Am I missing something? Thanks again for guiding me to the solution. Much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya totaly agree. BOTH mfrs were not better forthcoming when they intro'd this feature. Seems to have weaseled it's way in there OS updates and after it was loaded, was kind of glanced over by everyone until other users started posting about it and meantioning they tried disabling it and solved there problems. 

So ya, if your at home with phones and pads, leave it disabled. Out side from home traveling, yes, enable it as it is a security and privacy risk when at foriegn wifi signals with or with out security set. 

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7