Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satelite stays in Config Sync

Mjanssen
Guide

Satelite stays in Config Sync

Hi,

I replaced the Netgear RBW30/Orbi AC2200 at my dad's with a new RBR350/Orbi AX1800 system.

Setup went well, but the satelite stays in state "Config Sync". Also wifi connectiviy seems spotty from some devices, which didn't have issues with the old Orbi system.

I have read a lot of possible solutions here on the forum, but as I can't perform them all remotely, I want to come up with a gameplan when I am at my dad's to fix the issues once and for all.

Both the router and the satelite are in the same location as the old system. Should that be OK, or should we change the locations.

Any tips and tricks are welcome.

With kind regards,

Martijn

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Satelite stays in Config Sync

Be sure to sync the RBS near the RBR and it completes the sync and shows "Good" status, Give it like 5 minutes, then move to it's remote location

Make sure the RBS is using same FW version as RBR. If not, try the following:

What you need to do is factory reset the RBS. Wire connect a PC to the 1st satellite. Already have the most current FW version files downloaded on to this PC. 

Wire connect 1 PC to the back of the RBS. Factory reset the RBS, wait about 5 minutes. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite. The RBS will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page. Log in as admin and password. Use the satellites web page FW update feature to select the FW update file that was unpacked from the .zip file. Then factory reset and then re-sync the satellites to the RBR. 

Message 2 of 5
Mjanssen
Guide

Hi,

Thanks for your extensive reply. 

They both have the same firmware. 

I'll do the re-sync when they are close together, before moving the satellite to a remote location. 
Is a complete factory default of both devices needed/advised in this case?

Any other thing to do or check while I'm there?

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes I would reset and press the sync buttons on the RBS then RBR while near the RBR. Should sync. Give a couple of minutes and look for the front LED should turn BLUE. 

Message 4 of 5
Mjanssen
Guide

Resetting both devices to factory default andvrevonfiguring them, was enough to get everything to work correctly. Thanks for your tips!

One other quick question. 

I can't seem to get the RBR50 to accept traffic on port 433, so I can administer it from outside(yes, I am aware of the risks;-))

With the old system, this worked flawlessly by just redirecting the port to the internal IP-address of the router, but that doesn't seem to work. 

I know I can use the app, but that doesn't really give me much options. 

Hope you know how to do this. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7