Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Strange Control Panel Behavior for Orbi 6 and 6E

Drewligarchy
Aspirant

Funny - the Satellites are showing as attached in the client devices page of the web interface and the app.

In the main control panel, not showing up in the summary. This, I'm sure, is trivial - but this is the type of stuff that I think some bug fixing would be ideal

Orbi 2.jpg

Message 26 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? 

Might give it some time and see if the Basic tab populates later on. 

Also, please edit your pictures for any MAC addresses or product serial number before posting in public forums for security reasons. 😉

Message 27 of 31
Drewligarchy
Aspirant

Thanks very much for your help and for the reminder.

Tried in Chrome and Edge. Hasn't updated yet - about 30 minutes after they connected - but perhaps it will refresh.

Message 28 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Keep an eye on it. 

Message 29 of 31
Drewligarchy
Aspirant

So a minor (I think) problem. 

The router is seeing the satellites per my last post and it's working great. However, in the device list - it's saying everything is connected to the Orbi router and nothing is connected to the satellites - which is definitely untrue. For items that are connected to the satellites, it's saying it has a wired connection to the router (my iphone for instance) - even though it clearly is connected to the satellite (regardless of whether its' actually connected wirelessly or wired to the satellites). I logged into each satellite - says everything is good to go - but each satellites is showing all devices on that satellite.

I'm not sure if this could cause a performance issue - but it's nice to be able to know where things are connecting. It could be my switch or non-orbi router - but it can see the satellites now?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Message 30 of 31
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you looking on the RBS web page to see if devices are connected or thru the Orbi app? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Message 31 of 31
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7