Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The satellites were randomly switching from router connection to daisy chain

j_p_m
Aspirant

The satellites were randomly switching from router connection to daisy chain

I upgraded… but have had to rollback to 4.6.14.3

The satellites were randomly switching from router connection to daisy chain configuration, each time the blue light coming on for a few minutes at a time. This was happening frequently and quite annoying in a dark room. Downgraded to 4.6.14.3 and no such issue. Am I the only one?

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: The satellites were randomly switching from router connection to daisy chain

Apparently.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR📡 and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. Even thought worked on prior FW, there were improvements to wifi so RBS may need placement adjusting...

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update? Highly recommended if problems are seen. 
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

@j_p_m wrote:
I upgraded… but have had to rollback to 4.6.14.3

The satellites were randomly switching from router connection to daisy chain configuration, each time the blue light coming on for a few minutes at a time. This was happening frequently and quite annoying in a dark room. Downgraded to 4.6.14.3 and no such issue. Am I the only one?

Message 2 of 6
j_p_m
Aspirant

Re: The satellites were randomly switching from router connection to daisy chain

Thanks. I haven’t performed a factory reset yet. I accept there may have been improvements that mean the satellites can switch from router to daisy chain - and this could have been occurring seamlessly in the background previously - the issue is now when this happens, the blue light will turn and stay on for a few minutes - is this normal or is it a feature / issue of this firmware update?
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

LED is normal behavior if the RBS seem to be transitioning back and forth. However placement and distance between the RBR and each RBS is important and maybe a cause of the transitioning. I've not seen this with my 850 series with the v7 FW loaded. 

Message 4 of 6
j_p_m
Aspirant

It's just very annoying that a system that has been stable for 15 months, with carefully positioned satellites, can be undone by one update... I'll have to stay on previous version for now and consider my options

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

There was some tuning done on the v7 FW so may cause some RBS placement to need to be adjusted. Again, distances are important. If the RBS are switching randomly, then distance adjustments will be needed. 

Also as mentioned IN the FW post, if problems are seen, a Factory Reset and setup from scratch maybe needed. Going from V4 to V7 FW version is a major step. Long testing times was made by other users to help check all this. This v7 is best version of FW to date IMO. 

Good Luck.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7