Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Tivo V125 error which means ORBI is blocking the connection between two tivos

BruceMartin
Guide

Tivo V125 error which means ORBI is blocking the connection between two tivos

RBR850 (not in choices above)

One Tivo can't watch another tivo because ORBI is blocking it (just recently started).  Anyone else?  What could be causing it (rebooting no help)?

Message 1 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Tivo V125 error which means ORBI is blocking the connection between two tivos

Yes, Netgear does not keep the list of products updated on the drop down menu.(a constant source of annoyance for customers)

Could you please post a link to the Tivo error message.  I searched tivo.com and did not find "V125" (or anything with the work "error").

Which Tivo units are these, and how are they connected?

This worked (for how long), and now an error message comes up?

I have a Tivo Roameo and Tivo Mini connected to my Orbi RBR50 system. (To be precise, both the Tivo and Mini are connected to a PowerLine segment that is connected to the Orbi router. Perhaps they communicate between each other using only PowerLine?)

Message 2 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Tivo V125 error which means ORBI is blocking the connection between two tivos

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@BruceMartin wrote:

RBR850 (not in choices above)

One Tivo can't watch another tivo because ORBI is blocking it (just recently started).  Anyone else?  What could be causing it (rebooting no help)?

Message 3 of 9
BruceMartin
Guide

Answers (thank you all):

What Firmware version is currently loaded?  4.6.3.16

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Xfinity XB7 CGM4331COM

Could you please post a link to the Tivo error message.  "V125"

Response:  Tivo discontinued support for Tivo premiere boxes.  V125 means Tivo box not connected (which both are).

Which Tivo units are these, and how are they connected? 

Response: Both are premiere units and they are connected to my LAN by ethernet and wireless.

This worked (for how long), and now an error message comes up?

Response: Over 5 years. First time error.  Rebooting modem, router, tivos, etc. doesn't work.  

I know it is the ORBI because the same time this started, my iphone can't maintain a connection to the the ORBI for internet (everything else fine).  

Message 4 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

"Disconnected" is such an ambiguous term.

• Do both Premier unit appear in the Orbi Attached Devices display with IP addresses?
  • Does the Attached Devices display show Access Control is "on" or "off"?
  • Does one Premier unit display an error regarding internet connection and the other not?
  • (Unfamiliar with this specific capability - Premier to Premier) Does it work in one direction but not the other?
  • Do the Premier units function correctly except for the unit to unit function?

Message 5 of 9
Mikey94025
Hero

@BruceMartin wrote:

I know it is the ORBI because the same time this started, my iphone can't maintain a connection to the the ORBI for internet (everything else fine).  

It may be easier to debug your iPhone (wireless) problem than your Orbi problem.  Is your entire home network down or just wireless on your iPhone?  When you say "everything else fine" are you saying that other devices in your household, wired and wireless, have internet access?

Message 6 of 9
BruceMartin
Guide

Situation was that my phone and any other new phone or table added to network would not be able to access the internet (round thinking symbol) even though ORBI is connected to internet.  On my phone, even loading app says ORBI not found (and I am standing next to it).  

Right now working...we will see.

As far as Tivos, now I see it has nothing to do with ORBI as the TIVOs are MOCA.

Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI, for any Apple phone or pads, disable the WiFi Private Address features on these devices. Apples new feature seems to cause problems around these devices getting connected to Orbi systems and other wifi routers. 

Message 8 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

@BruceMartin wrote:

As far as Tivos, now I see it has nothing to do with ORBI as the TIVOs are MOCA.

I originally had Tivo's connected with MoCA. Tivo's have to get to the internet somehow.  My setup included a MoCA adapter connected to the Orbi network.  Worked great. But, I got tired of the tangle of wires and went to PowerLine. (Not sure that is any better, but I'm tired of messing with it.)

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7