Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Update firmware from 4.6.8.2 rbs850

cv123
Guide

Update firmware from 4.6.8.2 rbs850

I cant get to the interface to update the firmware. I've tried to reset but it hasn't worked.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
cv123
Guide

Re: Update firmware from 4.6.8.2 rbs850

The RBR was ok. It's the RBS.

I has to power down the RBR, connect to the RBS with ethernet and reset. I was able to pull it up from 192.168.1.250.

From there I could do the firmware update, but once up and running, I still can't connect to the RBS from the web for future updates.

Is that something new?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

So connecting 1 ethernet connected PC to the back of the RBR and pressing the reset button for 15 seconds then release with the RBR disconnected from the ISP modem/ONT then using a web browser to navigate to 192.168.1.1 after the front LED stars to pulsate WHITE doesn't pull up the setup wizard on the RBR? Try a different broswser? MS Edge, Firefox or Opera? 

Message 2 of 8
cv123
Guide

The RBR was ok. It's the RBS.

I has to power down the RBR, connect to the RBS with ethernet and reset. I was able to pull it up from 192.168.1.250.

From there I could do the firmware update, but once up and running, I still can't connect to the RBS from the web for future updates.

Is that something new?

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok sorry about that, got the RBS mixed up.

Does the RBS entry appear in the RBRs web page as a disconnected RBS? IF so, Select Remove button there and reboot the RBR. then try the manual sync after the RBR is back to ready by pressing the sync button on the RBS first then the RBR. I would do this in same room as the RBR with the RBS. 

Be sure all future updates, the RBS gets updated FIRST, then the RBR lastly. 

Message 4 of 8
cv123
Guide

Both show connected and the firmware is now the latest so it's working for now.

My concern is that when I put the ip address of either satellite into a web browser, I get the login page but it wont login in. I enter the u/p and click login but nothing happens

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you ping the IP addresses of the RBS in a command line and get a return result? 

Might try a full on factory reset on the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch and see if the RBS will connect then get to there web pages. I would do this with the RBS in the Same room or near the RBR, one at a time. 

Message 6 of 8
cv123
Guide

I finally got it to work by resetting everything.

I hope NG can get some firmware that will be more stable than this.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You can try v.5 if you want. Or hold of and wait for next full release. No idea when that will happen.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-4...

Just be sure to update the RBS FIRST for any FW version, then the RBR lastly. 

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7