Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VPN Service OpenVPN IPv4 or IPv6 Specification RBS750

djmfer
Follower

VPN Service OpenVPN IPv4 or IPv6 Specification RBS750

I have T-Mobile Home Internet, which utilizes IPv6.  My Netgear Orbi RBR750 has VPN Service enabled.  While trying to connect to my home network using OpenVPN with an outside connect, the connection is not able to be successfully made.  With my previous Internet provider, which was Spectrum, I had no problem with this configuration.

Question: While working with T-Mobile technical support, they would like to understand if the Netgear VPN is using IPv4 or IPv6 or can it automatically choose based on the connection type.

If anyone else has experience or suggestions with this problem, you support is appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: VPN Service OpenVPN IPv4 or IPv6 Specification RBS750

@djmfer wrote:

Question: While working with T-Mobile technical support, they would like to understand if the Netgear VPN is using IPv4 or IPv6 or can it automatically choose based on the connection type.

I am reasonably certain that Netgear's implementation of OpenVPN is IPv4. Check out this reference:

https://support.openvpn.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403539990939-IPv6-support-built-into-Access-Server#:~... 

That was two years ago, so there may have been a change.  However, whether Netgear has updated OpenVPN to the latest version is another consideration.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7