Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What A Set Up = Orbi AX1800 RBK353

MarcB376
Aspirant

What A Set Up = Orbi AX1800 RBK353

So i have just managed to by my first wifi 6 Mesh set up.

I have purchased a AX1800 WiFi Mesh System (RBK353) Orbi Dual-Band WiFi 6 Mesh System, 1.8Gbps, Router + 2 Satellites.

After almost 5 hours of trying to set this up and get the correct details and find out what things are im now at a loss as i have one satilite that sitting doing nothing apart from falshing white.

I have rest the satilte with a small pin on the reset button, i then deleted and re-rest the whole system and network to try again and 5 hours on im still no futher forward.

I have downloaded the app and registered with the site and everything else else but yet nothing seems to help with this.

I have tried to hit sync on the router down the stairs and then run up one level and hit sync on the satilite but do does nothing.

When deleting the whole network and starting from scratch it says it only picks up one satilite also.

I have also tried to do it all through the app also with nothing and for well over an hour this satilite just flashes white LED.

Can anyone comment or help on this as by no means has this setup been easy !!

I would also love to know what it means when it says the the router is "CONNECTED via ANYWHERE ACCESS" and then it can change to Local ??

Message 1 of 15
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: What A Set Up = Orbi AX1800 RBK353

@MarcB376 wrote:

So i have just managed to buy my first wifi 6 Mesh set up.

Can anyone comment or help on this as by no means has this setup been easy !!

First off, I always do the initial setup with all of the units in the same room.  I would  for certain trip and fall down the stairs racing back and forth to press sync buttons, look at lights, etc.  If it will  not work in one room, then it will never work.

Is there a PC or laptop with an ethernet port that can be connected directly to the router?  I find using the web interface much easier and more informative than the 'app'. 

As a new customer, you are one of the few who can contact Netgear support for help.  (The rest of us saw our 90 days of 'complimentary support' pass long ago. (Mine ended in 2016) There is a link on the registration page to "Contact Support".

Message 2 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you bring the RBS to the same room as the RBR and try to press the sync button on the RBS then soon after press the sync button on the RBR. Turn OFF the other RBS before trying this.

Reivew the RBRs Connected Devices page to see if the 2nd RBS connects or not. 

Possible the RBS did not get the FW update that the RBR got and could be causing this...RBS needs to be on same firmware version as whats loaded on the RBR. 

Message 3 of 15
MarcB376
Aspirant

I hate to say it but i have had the RBS in every room around the house, I have had it around 2 meters from the RBR and it still only flashes blue.

"However" in the last 15mins i have seen a video online and i went and tried it. 

The working satilite that is in the spare room all set up and working fine and showing to work well on the app with the Blue LED for around 80/12 secs is good, I took the RBS that i can not and it will not connect and i pligged a CAT6 Ethernet cable between the working RBS and the one that does not connect and then the one that would not connect went on with a BLUE LED and showed to be wired on the app.

Message 4 of 15
MarcB376
Aspirant

@CrimpOn 

Unfortinatly im not really a new customer as i bought the item second hand. It was bought on Jan 2021 and i have just registered everything and it shows i have 2 days left on my "A" Security.

Its now Jan 2022 so my 90 days is long gone and my hardware looks like it will be gone in 2 days time also.

Netgear Customer help did say i could pay for a years tech support.

If this carried on im going to go back to my Old apple Airport as it was far easier and better set up than this.

Message 5 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

So if the RBS is on BLUE steady, then it synced or getting connected at this point. The BLUE LED remains ON for several minutes afterwards. 

Does the RBS appear as connected on the RBRs web page when the RBS LED is BLUE? If so, you an try to connect to it's web page using the IP address given to it by the RBR. If you can get to the web page and log in, I would re-send the RBS FW file or ensure the RBS is updated to same version as the RBR. Send the FW file using a web browser and see if the RBS will return to ready, front LED should be BLUE for several minutes then turn OFF. 

Message 6 of 15
MarcB376
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 

Sorry i may be getting my wires crossed.

The RBS (Satilite that wont connect) only flashes WHITE !!!

It did how ever turn soild blue when i plugged the white flashing satilite in with the working stailite

Message 7 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you do same thing with this one RBS connected to the back of the RBR? If it will connect see if it's given an IP address and if so, can you access the RBS web page at all? 

Message 8 of 15
MarcB376
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 

I have no idea how to connect to the RBS webpage, I could take the non working RBS thats just flashing white and then plug this directly to the RBR via ethernet and see what it says.

Message 9 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Pull up the RBRs Connected devices page. Have it at the ready when you connect the RBS to the RBR. A IP address should appear next the RBS that you connected. Use this IP address in a web browser to see if it will pull up the RBS web page.

Message 10 of 15
MarcB376
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 

I have taken the RBS thats just flashing and plugged it directly into the RBR.
I then took the IP address and popped it online and i just get a spinning ball as per the third picture.IMG_0019.PNGIMG_0020 copy.PNGScreenshot 2022-01-06 at 19.35.24.png

Message 11 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

So selecting the Firmware Upgrade seen on that page doesn't do anything? 

Lets see if you can do this:

Have the RBS FW file at the ready on your wired PC. 

What you need to do is factory reset the RBS. Wire connect a PC to the 1st satellite📡. Already have the most current FW version files downloaded on to this PC. 

Wire connect 1 PC to the back of the RBS. Factory reset the RBS, wait about 5 minutes. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite📡. The RBS will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page. Log in as admin and password. Use the satellites 📡 web page FW update feature to select the FW update file that was unpacked from the .zip file.

Message 12 of 15
MarcB376
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 

No, I log into the page and there is just a spinning ball and it wont let me click anything.

Message 13 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

See what happens if you can get in on the RBS using it's reset process. 

IF not, you may need to get in contact with NG support and let them know about the one RBS...

Message 14 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

If you can't use the RBS web page at all even while directly connected, I recommend you get in contact with NG support. Ask about RMA options:

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7