Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What is the duration of Netgear Armour Subscription against purchase of new Orbi router (For India)

Vasuki
Follower

What is the duration of Netgear Armour Subscription against purchase of new Orbi router (For India)

What is the duration of Netgear Armour Subscription (bundled with router) against purchase of new Orbi router (For India)?

It is reflecting as 1 month from date of purchase, is there any activation code for extending the same?

Any accurate leads for information clarity is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Vasuki

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: What is the duration of Netgear Armour Subscription against purchase of new Orbi router (For Ind

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Armor product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Armor and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor
https://www.netgear.com/landings/armor

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: What is the duration of Netgear Armour Subscription against purchase of new Orbi router (For Ind

The referenced web site indicates that customers can activate a 30 day trial of Bitdefender Armor.

https://www.netgear.com/home/services/armor/resources/#purchase-armor-qa 

After the free trial, customers may purchase a 1 year subscription for $99.99US (this comes up when clicking on Complete Feature List.) Payment and activation is handled through the Orbi app.

It might be worth spending a little time looking at the posts in the armor community forum to see what customers are saying about the product.  (Once I saw "Free Trial" and $99.99/year, I lost interest and have never activated it.)  Many of the posts that I encounter are from customers frustrated at Armor interfering with their activities or pestering them with reports about "vulnerabilities" that they have no possibility of addressing (television sets in particular).

The Orbi router, like all routers, includes a firewall that rejects connections from the internet unless the user has specifically forwarded ports to devices on the LAN. And most devices on the LAN also include firewalls that do the same.

Good Luck.

Message 3 of 7
mnichollsuk917
Aspirant

The first thing (and easiest) is to turn off the RBS. This is now off, I shall come back here with the results - thank you all so far
Message 4 of 7
mnichollsuk917
Aspirant

Hey all

So, have some have suggested I should unplug the RBS, I have done this and have just competed a 30 minute FaceTime with my mum and it didn’t drop out. It will require more testing of course but if this continues to work, what does this mean? I need the RBS to give full coverage, the config page does state a good link
Message 5 of 7
mnichollsuk917
Aspirant

False alarm - disconnections have now happened with only the RBR plugged in so that’s one thing we can discount isn’t it?
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make a NEW post and give details of what your having problems with. This thread was in regards to Armor subscription. 

THank you. 

@mnichollsuk917 wrote:
Hey all

So, have some have suggested I should unplug the RBS, I have done this and have just competed a 30 minute FaceTime with my mum and it didn’t drop out. It will require more testing of course but if this continues to work, what does this mean? I need the RBS to give full coverage, the config page does state a good link

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7