Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Whelp, my ticket was closed without an update from Netgear support

fanandfoe
Guide

Whelp, my ticket was closed without an update from Netgear support

Whelp, my ticket (#45999342) was closed without an update from Netgear support on the firmware issue. Yes, I am aware that Netgear has "a fix that we are slowly deploying to a small group of users and working toward a large-scale deploy... since mid-may. But, I am still locked out from the UI on the router and it is unclear if I have received the rollback firmware.

I have messaged Netgear and ChristineT here on this board and also on reddit (NETGEARHelp_ChristiT) supplying my serial number in hopes I would get prioritized for the fixed firmware. I really needed this resolved this week as I have travel that is taking me away from the equipment for a week and I really can't afford to have things go offline while I am away.

Adding insult to injury, when I try to reopen a ticket the Netgear support site blows a 500 error. 😧 Screenshot attached.

This is just a comedy of errors. Is Netgear unraveling as a company?

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Whelp, my ticket was closed without an update from Netgear support

I recommend that you avoid the wait and regain access to your RBRs web page by doing a factory reset and setup from scratch at HTTP and 192.168.1.1 in a web browser by pressing the reset button on the RBR for 20 seconds then release. Ethernet connect 1 wired PC to the back of the RBR.

Walk thru the set wizard. 

If you still have access to the RBS web pages after they resync, I recommend that you manually update the RBS First then the RBR lastly to v.2 FW:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBK750-and-850-Series-Firmware-Versi...

Message 2 of 5
fanandfoe
Guide

I appreciate your suggestion and well-worn path to a usable product. The only problem is that I have a full-time job that takes 12+ hrs a day already. I don't want to spend my nights undoing what Netgear did to my router. I expect them to make this right.

Message 3 of 5
fanandfoe
Guide

Still can't open a support ticket today. Still get a server 500 error.

Message 4 of 5
FarmerBob1
Luminary

These days there are way too many variables in the install process. One of which is the install not working right. Once you can get a good install, following installs that are done as "Dirty Installs", right over the top of the current install without clearing things out, maybe possible without any problems. If you're game . . . do a 30-30-30 Reset on the RBR to hopefully get to a starting place. 

A 30-30-30 Reset is:

1. Open a Paperclip to give you a small pokie thing;
  2. find the Tiny Reset Hole on the back of the Unit above the Power Light;
  3. you'll be press it for a total of 90 seconds. Do Not let it go; during that time:
  4. 30 second with the power connected;
  5. then disconnect the power for 30 seconds, still holding in the Reset Button;
  6. plug the power back in and leaving the Reset button stlll pressed for 30 more seconds;
  7. after that 30 seconds, release the Reset Button and let the RBR come all the way back up.
  8. Hold your breath;
  9. take a look around in the RBR and see where you're at . . .
  10. you can breathe during this part . . .

After the RBR comes back up it will be completely wiped, "Back to Normal" and you'll have to re-enter all your info from scratch. DO NOT use a Back-Up to do this. Especially if you have changed FW versions. This could Brick your device. And if it did work, it could bring all the boogers with it.

Now that you are hopefully "Normal" and have checked to see where this puts you. Maybe, all fixed; and/or ready for reinstalling a new FW; and/or ready to install the new FW using the "Dreaded Install Method". Which is so Dreaded that I can't find where I put a copy of it. But it contains a 30-30-30. That you have already done.

Let us know how you do if you choose to try the above or would like to "YELL" at me for putting you through all that . . . In the meantime, I'll go looking for the "Dreaded Installer Procedure" in case you want to try it . . .

Good Luck.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7