Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

When my router resets or loses connection to something most if not all my IoT devices lose connect

itguy97223
Aspirant

When my router resets or loses connection to something most if not all my IoT devices lose connect

I am experiencing very similar issue. When my router resets or loses connection to something most if not all my IoT devices lose connection and the only way to restore connection is reboot the router again then reboot each IoT device. I have narrowed it down to it happening every Thursday. I have also spent hours and hours with support to resolve. At this point they had nothing and had them send me a new router. It has been up for a week and judgement day is tomorrow. If it is still an issue I will be demanding my $1500 back as I cannot do this every week. 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: When my router resets or loses connection to something most if not all my IoT devices lose conne

What model Orbi do you have?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

How many devices do you have connected to the system? 

What devices do you have? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

How is the RBR configured? 

What channels are you using? 
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

So every thursday this happens? No other day? 

Happens with two different routers?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7