Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Which Orbi System is best for my situation?

brdnwi
Follower

Which Orbi System is best for my situation?

Hi,

I'm think about setting up a mesh network in my home, but I'm not sure which setup is best for my situation. I want to start by saying everything we use for gaming or HD streaming is hardwired and has great internet. We also use wifi for phones and such, and can have up to 20 devices going on WiFi at a time. Most of our wifi usage is social media or browsing websites. This can include streaming YouTube videos, Social Media Reels and such, but never gaming. We do have smart speakers and such as well, but I don't consider those heavy usage.

I don't want to overpay for an Orbi and get too much, since most of our setup is hard wired. I just want good coverage, with good enough speed to stream YouTube videos and brown social media. I feel like a tri-band set-up is probably the best starting point. Please steer me in the right direction. Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Which Orbi System is best for my situation?

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Which Orbi System is best for my situation?

How big is your home? 

If you've got the option, the MK93 system can be hardwired in to use the hardwired backhaul. then you get a tri-band setup 2.4/5/6ghz. With it hardwired, it should handle pretty much anything you could throw at it. 

If you don't need/want the 6ghz, then you could look at the lower tiered systems. 

All kind of depends on the size of the home and what specs you want. 

with more devices getting 6ghz, its a nice feature to have but not something you "need"

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7