Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Why does this happen with my iPad and/or iPhone RBR850 and RBS850

muusicman
Aspirant

Why does this happen with my iPad and/or iPhone RBR850 and RBS850

When I move from the room my Orbi router is in to where my Orbi satellite is i get this a lot when I look at the connected devices. Anyone know why and is there an easy fix? It’s annoying!

I was going to add a photo but it appears I can’t. Anyway, under connected devices on the Orbi app sometimes it’ll only show a signal of 1 or 2 bars. Sometimes it doesn’t but it does a lot. Why is it doing that?
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

You can either "copy and paste" an image into the body of the post or you can save an image to a file on your computer and then attach it to the post.  Without more to go on, there is nothing anyone can suggest.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

What are you getting alot of? 

How many RBS are deployed? 
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR📡 and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

@muusicman wrote:
When I move from the room my Orbi router is in to where my Orbi satellite is i get this a lot when I look at the connected devices. Anyone know why and is there an easy fix? It’s annoying!

I was going to add a photo but it appears I can’t. Anyway, under connected devices on the Orbi app sometimes it’ll only show a signal of 1 or 2 bars. Sometimes it doesn’t but it does a lot. Why is it doing that?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7