Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wired Backhaul Dasiy Chain - Orbi 850

rafaleo
Aspirant

Wired Backhaul Dasiy Chain - Orbi 850

Hello,

I am trying to cover an area around 10K sqft - which I am using 1 router and 4 satellites. 

Backhaul connection is good and the coverage is nice. However I have  2 problems:

1- All the satellites are wired backhauled (3 of them are connected directly to the router, 1 of them connected to a satellite) 

However the satellite-4 that is hardwired to satellite-3 is showing to be connected to the router with WIFI backhaul. 

Router is a little bit far away and it impacts the speed that we are getting for sattelite-4 

2- Going around the house, in some places my phone drops the wifi and is not picking up automatically. Even though automatic connection is enabled. I believe it has trouble switching to a specific satellite. 

Do you have any suggestions how to get satellite-4 to use backhaul connection to satellite-3 instead of wifi backhaul to router, which causes all the problems I believe.

Thanks, 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
rafaleo
Aspirant

Re: Wired Backhaul Dasiy Chain - Orbi 850

Hello,

I connected my laptop on the jack and it works wired connecting to internet (wireless turned off)

Firmware is 7.2.6.21

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Bring the 4th RBS to near or same room as the 3rd RBS or one of the other RBS and ethernet connect it directly behind this RBS to check to see if the system reports it being wired or wireless. Might be ethernet wiring is not working between the RBS in the wall or a bad jack. 

Swap RBS around to see if the problem follows or not.

Check the cabling. CAT6 is recommended. 

What FW version are you using?

Message 2 of 3
rafaleo
Aspirant

Hello,

I connected my laptop on the jack and it works wired connecting to internet (wireless turned off)

Firmware is 7.2.6.21
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7