Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wired LAN dropping on Orbi Mesh WiFi 6E System - AXE11000 with ATT BGW210-700

TheControlVoice
Follower

Wired LAN dropping on Orbi Mesh WiFi 6E System - AXE11000 with ATT BGW210-700

I have been unimpressed with the Mesh offered by ATT and the WiFi seemed to be spotty. So I bought the Orbi Mesh WiFi 6E System - AXE11000 to replace everything except the modem since I am required to use the BGW210-700 provided by ATT.

I have the BGW210-700 setup with IP Passthrough to the Orbi.

My entire house is wired for ethernet, so in the closet where the Orbi is, all of the ethernet cables from the different rooms are connected to a Netgear switch and that switch is plugged into the Orbi.

Everything seems to work at first but starting later that night the Orbi would drop the internet for all wired devices (WiFi was still up). This issue comes and goes throughout the day. I have even tried connecting the ethernet directly into the Orbi instead of the switch but the issue remains.

The only error I could find was that my PC said that it did not have a valid IP when the LAN is down. Rebooting the Orbi and factory reset has not worked.

I contacted support but so far they have not provided any help or suggestions other than to reboot or try not using the switch.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any help is apricated. If I cant find a solution by the end of the week I will just return the Orbi and find some other hardware.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Wired LAN dropping on Orbi Mesh WiFi 6E System - AXE11000 with ATT BGW210-700

Try leaving the bgw in router mode (disable its wifi) and connect the orbi in router mode. 

it wouldn't be the first time I've seen the bgw not work properly in passthrough mode. 

Message 2 of 3
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

Re: Wired LAN dropping on Orbi Mesh WiFi 6E System - AXE11000 with ATT BGW210-700

@TheControlVoice 

Do you have the "Separate 6GHz Network"  option enabled?   We have seen this cause some issues with the ATT BGW210 series as well.

Please note that if you want/need 6GHz (WiFi 6E) connectivity - there is a 6GHz band broadcasting using your standard (main) SSID.  Enabling the "Separate 6GHz Network"  adds an additional 6GHz SSID under a different name, but using same channel as the one using the main SSID.

Our recommendation is to disable that option and connect to the 6GHz on the main SSID.

Unfortunately, the User Manual doesn't describe the 6GHz functionality very well so many users believe they have to enable that one option to get WiFi 6E  (6GHz) capabilities.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7