Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can you enable rbk753s in bridge mode?

bob2k2
Tutor

can you enable rbk753s in bridge mode?

can you enable bridge mode rbk753s?  read somehwere you can't - need to verify before purchasing - thanks

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: can you enable rbk753s in bridge mode?

Orbi AX doesn't support wireless bridge mode. Only Router and AP mode. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: can you enable rbk753s in bridge mode?

Orbi AX doesn't support wireless bridge mode. Only Router and AP mode. 

Message 2 of 6
bob2k2
Tutor

rbk753s use with connection directly to FIOS Optical Network Terminal” (ONT) directly - no FIOS rout

My current Linksys Velop primary node connects directly to the FIOS optical network terminal output via ethernet without a FIOS router in the loop. Can I use the rbk753s ax4200 w/o a FIOS Router? Costco link indicates "(rbk753s) Requires a modem."  by 'modem' I assume they mean 'router'.  TIA  

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: rbk753s use with connection directly to FIOS Optical Network Terminal” (ONT) directly - no FIOS

No. Modem means Modem. Orbi AX requires a interface device to connect to ISP services. These are Modems or ONTs or Gateway modems which these are modems with built in routers. 

Orbi should connect right up to what you have currently. I would power OFF the modem/ONT for 1 minute prior to connecting the RBR. Then connectup the RBR, power ON the modem/ONT then power ON the RBR and the walk thru the setup wizard on the RBR with a web browser. 

Message 4 of 6
bob2k2
Tutor

Re: rbk753s use with connection directly to FIOS Optical Network Terminal” (ONT) directly - no FIOS

Thanks very much for the quick reply.  Makes perfect sense. I had a power cycle the ONT after Verizon cut me over and I hooked  up to my Linksys Velop. 

FYI, for those who may think that Verizon doesn't like to do this (in other posts that came up), I think that used to be the case. My ONT cut over was instantaneous and happened as I was talking to the Verizon agent. I had my MOCA bridge already hooked up and ready to go. For those who wnat to do this  - as mentioned you need the MOCA bridge for your TV's to work. I put mine at the fromt end where my coax connects to the ONT.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7