Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cbr750 & rbs750 cannot connect wireless device to satellites

bigdave3395
Follower

cbr750 & rbs750 cannot connect wireless device to satellites

cannot connect my wireless devices to the satellites rbs750 only to the main router cbr750.  I have a blue light on each satellite showing they are connected to the main router but nothing can connect to either satelite.  What am i doing wrong

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: cbr750 & rbs750 cannot connect wireless device to satellites

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi With Cable modem products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/bd-p/en-home-orbi-cable

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: cbr750 & rbs750 cannot connect wireless device to satellites

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

It's up to devices to pick and choose where they connect too...

@bigdave3395 wrote:

cannot connect my wireless devices to the satellites rbs750 only to the main router cbr750.  I have a blue light on each satellite showing they are connected to the main router but nothing can connect to either satelite.  What am i doing wrong

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7