Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

hard wire PS4 recs

ARugg
Tutor

hard wire PS4 recs

I am using a cable modem, CM1100, and the Orbi AX4200 system. Cable at 500Mbps. I have no issues running three apple TVs, three Ipads, a MacBook, and three phones, I am satisfied with their performance. I want to hard wire my PS4 (for online GT Sport), as the Wifi has not been as stable as I need it to be, I came close to losing a sure win race once, and I don't want to risk it again. Wireless, the PS4 is seeing 70Mbps, but during game play, I have had one red bar. Before I run cable and and install jacks, I would very much appreciate recommendations on the preferred configuration. Appologies if this has been discussed prior, I have done several searches and none match my particular situation.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: hard wire PS4 recs

You can ethernet connect the PS console to the RBR for best performances. If you have run out of free LAN ports in back, you can install a external Gb switch, such as  NG GS108 to help add LAN ports to the back of the RBR. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

You can ethernet connect the PS console to the RBR for best performances. If you have run out of free LAN ports in back, you can install a external Gb switch, such as  NG GS108 to help add LAN ports to the back of the RBR. 

Message 2 of 6
ARugg
Tutor

thanks for the quick reply, I should have it hooked up by the weekend. Ill update. appreciate the expertise.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
ARugg
Tutor

PS4 hard wired as you recommended and no issues, perfect! appreciate the advice

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38