× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

1.12.0.18 just made it worse

joedoro
Tutor

1.12.0.18 just made it worse

Purchased Feb 2017 and all was fine until several weeks ago with the 1.11.x.x firmware. Then whenever I had the satelite connected my internet was disconnected.

Did all of the the stuff suggested and then same in both router and AP mode.

So the other day got the 1.12.0.8 firmware update and it seemed to work well until today. Internet disconnected (BTW put the ZYXel century link modem back into router mode to make sure my 100Mbps service was working - it was).

So per Darren's last post did a factory reset and again tried in router and ap mode withthe saem results - currently in ap mode and internet connection will last a matter of minutes. Turn off the satelite and it will stay connected. So will try again to move the satelite as far away as possible (on the main floor on the opposite end of a 1450 sq ft ranch from the router which is in the basement where  the 100 Mbps fiber optic cable comes into  the house.)

Will see how long it lasts.

Unfortunately, I'm beginning the think that this was a waste of 400 bucks.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
joedoro
Tutor

Re: 1.12.0.18 just made it worse

Lasted 15 minutes -

Tried to call today to see if I could send back the satelite and have it replaced in case it was defective but was told I was 9 on the queue and an estimated 45 minute wait!! (And who knows how long I would have wasted repeating everythingthat I've already done).

Will need to start shopping again. This time will make sure I understand how long the return option is good for.

Message 2 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello joedoro 

So when the satellite is connected you are seeing the issues? 

DarrenM

Message 3 of 5
joedoro
Tutor

As soon as I turn the satellite on is when I start getting the dropped internet connections if I turn the satellite off and wait a bit then the internet connection will be reestablished. Unfortunately where I'm online the resulting speed is then 1-2 Mbps.

Message 4 of 5
joedoro
Tutor

So went out a bought a Liknsys Velop - downloaded app, set up , had to reset one of the nodes during setup, but 3 days perfect.

Anyone want an Orbie with a satelite?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7