Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

401 Unauthorized Access Netgear ORBI

la79
Apprentice

401 Unauthorized Access Netgear ORBI

Hello everyone. Lately whenever I try to login into my router via ip address (192.168.1.1) I am faced with a 401 Unauthorized Access screen. I'm asked to put my Orbi Serial number in and I'm forced to answer my login secret questions. It then provides me with my login password and will allow me to login.

Lately this has been happening all the time. Is this happening to anyone else? If so, do you know if there is a fix for it? Or should I be worried?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: 401 Unauthorized Access Netgear ORBI

Hello la79

Have you tried to use a different web browser?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
la79
Apprentice

Yes, I was able to try with Mozila Firefox and didn't have that problem. However it seems like it has gone away.

Message 3 of 6
TommyJay
Aspirant

This is happening to me too. I'm using both Safari and Chrome browsers and get the same thing. I had been using Comcast and no problems. We then switched to Fios and that's when the problems began. My Orbi is now useless! very frustrating...

Message 4 of 6
TommyJay
Aspirant

I forgot to mention - this is happening to the TV as well. It asks if I'm using this connection in a dorm or hospital or my home. I select 'home', and iNetflixt won't load; I select 'dorm' and Netflix still won't load. very bizarre. Is this related to Fios?

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?

Try a factory reset on the router and set up from scratch. Walk thru the setup wizard on the router with a wire connected PC. Use IE11 or FF browser.

@TommyJay wrote:

This is happening to me too. I'm using both Safari and Chrome browsers and get the same thing. I had been using Comcast and no problems. We then switched to Fios and that's when the problems began. My Orbi is now useless! very frustrating...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7