Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

4G EE Mastband

drewandclare
Follower

4G EE Mastband

Hi there

I am interested in buying the Orbi WiFi System (RBK50) AC3000 but wondered if anyone had experience running it on the 4G EE Mastband system. (Small pringle box size external wall that picks up signal for rural communities in the UK).

the Mastband gives a great boost for broadband (25mbps + d/l over a normal 1mbps d/l) but can't get it to the whole house.  The install is in the extension of the house but need to run to main house (house attached to extension obviously but original solid wall) to try and get through.

Running 4 mobile phones, 3 x pc's, 3 laptops, sky+ in 4 rooms, have 6 x TP AV1000 powerlines plugged in but won't run upstairs (only the one additional room downstairs works) - if I get the ones running upstairs then it messes up the one that does work downstairs

Sorry if this sounds a bit confusing but could the Orbi help out on this problem??

Drew

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
AC641
Luminary

Re: 4G EE Mastband

I'm not running the EE mastband system (and have no idea what it is) but, as I also live in the countryside and get poor Broadband speeds via the phone line I have gone with the EE 4G Router coupled with the Orbi RBK50 (RBR50 + RBS50) that I already owned.  For me the EE 4G Router is a temporary solution as later this year Gigaclear will begin building a FTTP network in the area and I will go with that when available.  The whole system works well with speeds around 50-70Mbps down and 5 - 20Mbps up.  The only issue I have experienced with the Orbi was the Apple Homekit/Philips Hue problem that has been corrected with firmware v2.1.4.16.

A couple of points if using an EE Router coupled with Orbi:

- You will have the use the Orbi in AP mode as the EE 4G Router doesn't have the functionality to work in Bridge Mode.

- Turn off IPv6 in the Router settings as if you leave it enabled you will not be able to reach certain websites (very few in my experience) and some apps won't allow you access e.g. Husqvarna's Automower Connect app in my case.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7