Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC2200 Mini Orbi Router (RBR40) can not connect Laptops

NJ1305
Tutor

AC2200 Mini Orbi Router (RBR40) can not connect Laptops

I am new to this Forum and I am sorry if this issue has been addressed before. 

Today I installed an ORBI WI-FI Router RBR40 AC2200. Installation went perfect and I was able to connect iPhones, iPads, FireTV, Directv, Rachio controller. When I attempted to connect Laptops, neither mine nor my wife's would connect. I keep getting Can not connect to this Network. It does not even give me a window to type in Password for Network. 

Both PCs are ASUS Windows 10. I have run diagnostics to no avail. 

please point me in the right direction. 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it was a simple fix. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@NJ1305 wrote:

How strange.  My Windows 10 laptop connects to my Orbi.  So, you see the list of available WiFi access points. The Orbi is one of them. You click on the Orbi SSID, and the laptop immediately displays the "Cannot connect" message?

What happens if you activate the Guest WiFi?  Will the laptops connect to it?

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What security mode are you using? WPA2 and AES should be set first. 

Try using a simple password for the SSID security. 

You can temporarily disable wifi security on the RBR and see if these two devices connect, if they do, then go back and re-enabled WPA2 and AES.

Make sure all wifi adapter drivers are updated. 

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

@NJ1305 wrote:

I am new to this Forum and I am sorry if this issue has been addressed before. 

Today I installed an ORBI WI-FI Router RBR40 AC2200. Installation went perfect and I was able to connect iPhones, iPads, FireTV, Directv, Rachio controller. When I attempted to connect Laptops, neither mine nor my wife's would connect. I keep getting Can not connect to this Network. It does not even give me a window to type in Password for Network. 

please point me in the right direction. 

Message 3 of 6
NJ1305
Tutor

Thanks for the response. The problem has been resolved. It was as simple as Forgetting the Network then selecting it again. It then asked for the password and connected when entered. 

Message 4 of 6
NJ1305
Tutor

Problem resolved. It was as simple as Forgetting the Network them selecting again. 

Thanks for your response. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it was a simple fix. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7