× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

APN Issues - T-Mobile

Retired_Member
Not applicable

APN Issues - T-Mobile

I recently purchased an Orbi LTE LBR20 and have been using it with a T-Mobile data only SIM that I obtained directly from the T-Mobile store.  For the first few days it has worked great with the auto configured settings.  About a week into using it, I noticed that the pink light was lit and found that there was no internet.  A little research here and there and I ended up messing with APN settings.  I found that if I change the APN setting to anything (and I mean - ANYTHING (even my name) other than fast.t-mobile.com the Internet connection is restored.  Obviously this isn't a correct setting so I factory reset the device and once again after about a day, I had the same issue - no internet.  I go back into settings and for kicks I change the APN to something other than the fast.t-mobile.com and it starts working again.  The APN field is required and it doesn't let me leave it blank.  Downgrading the modem firmware to A05 and upgrade back to A06 seems to correct the issue for now. 

Firmware is 2.6.4.2 (router)

EG18-NA-PAR01A06M4G

Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: APN Issues - T-Mobile

Hi @Retired_Member

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

We wanted to check if the issue re-occur after you have downgraded and upgraded the firmware to v2.6.4.2. 

If so, there is a new firmware available. Kindly update the firmware to v2.6.5.2. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000063807/LBR20-Firmware-Version-2-6-5-2

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7