× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Access control blocking all devices

John_TheRiver
Aspirant

Access control blocking all devices

The solved reply listed is two years old and a different device. 

The firmware is V2.2.1.210.

The problem didn't show up until I added a Windows Ten HP tower to the network, this followed the death of the Dell Tower on Windows seven.

When three devices are shut off, when they come back on they are blocked.  One is a Roku TV.  

Leaving Access Control turned off is the only work around I've found.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Access control blocking all devices

Have you tried removing the access control configurations from Access controls. Setup an IP address reservation for each device that your considering using in Access Control. One this is is done and the router is rebooted. Go back in and setup Access Controls for those devices again? 

Message 2 of 4
John_TheRiver
Aspirant

Well, it's Valentines Day so not today, not if I know what's good for me. 

If it works, it won't answer the question of why adding the new HP Tower on Windows Ten, Pro started it. 

I'll let you know.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Just sounds like a change in something that cuased access control to stop working right. the PC addition could have done this. 

Let us now after the holiday. Heart

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7