Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Admin Password

brownrd9
Aspirant

Admin Password

I purchased a Orbi mesh from Amazon. I cannot access the admin password, the on-line support it told me it was registered to another user. How do I solve this. no one has respond on my open trouble ticket.Orbi2.JPG

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Admin Password

Was it an open box item? 

It might have been setup and returned. 

to get back to defaults, put and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while its powered on. that should get you back to default login/password. 

https://kb.netgear.com/1160/NETGEAR-Product-Registration-FAQ

Message 2 of 4
brownrd9
Aspirant

Thanks I will try that and let you know.

Yes it was an open Box item. Can you see the pic I attachOrbi2.JPGed?

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@brownrd9 wrote:

I purchased a Orbi mesh from Amazon. I cannot access the admin password, the on-line support it told me it was registered to another user. How do I solve this. no one has respond on my open trouble ticket.

I see two options: (a) send it back to Amazon, order another one, and hope that it is "new", or (b) keep this one and deal with the two issues.

1. Set up the Orbi:
    As @plemans suggests, perform a Factory Reset on the Orbi:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 
    This will reset the administrative credentials to "admin" and "password" and the Orbi can be configured.
  2. Get the registration changed to you:
    This is more difficult.
    This issue comes up on the forum, and the only method that appears to be successful is to send a private message to one of the forum moderators (by clicking on their screen name. Moderator screen names have that "Capital N" after the name where we have some goofy symbol). It's generally not a good idea to post personal information on a public forum, so in the private message explain the situation, with the Amazon order number, date, product serial number, and how to contact you directly.

It would seem that by this time, Netgear would have come up with an organized method to use the registration web site to remedy these issues.  Customers return products all the time and the retailers have no idea that the product has been "registered"  Alas, if there is a way to do this, I have never seen it.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7