Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Advice on Orbi Satellite Addon

Eldrod
Tutor

Advice on Orbi Satellite Addon

Hi, 

I just got an Orbi RBR50 with one RBS50 Satellite setup.  The way my house is structured these are both located on one end of the house but they provide great coverage in the house.  I now need to get a better signal to my Blink cameras that are on the other side of the detatched garage.  I still get 3-4 bars inside the garage so I'm thinking I could place another satellite in the garage to extend the coverage to my camera on the other side.  The distance to the RBR50 would be about 65-70' though 2 walls although I do still get a good signal.  What model satellite would work best for this application?  I don't need LAN ports or super fast speed as this extender would only really support web cameras around the garage.  Would the RBW30 fit that adequately?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Advice on Orbi Satellite Addon

You can certainly try the RBW or and RBS20. RBS50 would be most recommended to maintain same speed wireless backhaul speeds. RBW and RBS20 have a lower backhaul speed is all. They work though. I have RBS20 connected to my RBK50 here.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Advice on Orbi Satellite Addon

You can certainly try the RBW or and RBS20. RBS50 would be most recommended to maintain same speed wireless backhaul speeds. RBW and RBS20 have a lower backhaul speed is all. They work though. I have RBS20 connected to my RBK50 here.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7