× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Alexa not working on RBS40V

Timweb
Aspirant

Alexa not working on RBS40V

Ok so i could only find one thread on here with my problem and it has a broken link and will not open. Anyway I had a RBR50 , RBS50, and a RBS40V . I upgraded to an RBR860 and switched the RBS40V into extender mode. So when now u try use Alexa on the 40voice it turns red and say u need to register the device? I’ve looked on the orbi app like it tells you, I’ve looked on the Alexa app and don’t see where to register. I’ve tried the Blackhawk app like netgear says to but it will not take my sign in or do anything. I’ve also logged into the Rbs40v extender settings page on my laptop and no where in the options it shows anything about Alexa ? So what am I’m missing??
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Timweb
Aspirant

Re: Alexa not working on RBS40V

Ok I got it to work! I had to basically reset everything and start the setup over. Then it allowed me to re login the nighthawk app and link my Amazon Alexa account! Now I got to tackle getting remote play to work on this router!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Timweb
Aspirant

Ok I got it to work! I had to basically reset everything and start the setup over. Then it allowed me to re login the nighthawk app and link my Amazon Alexa account! Now I got to tackle getting remote play to work on this router!
Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Admire the determination.  Alexa on RBS40V connected in satellite mode to my RBR50 keeps wanting me to "sign up" for Prime Music ('not') and I have foundered getting Plex to work on a new PC (old one died), so I just tell Alexa to play my favorite radio station.  During pledge break weeks, I switch to a different station.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7