Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Anyone Switch to Orbi Pro to avoid the issues with the Orbi Home??

wase4711
Luminary

Anyone Switch to Orbi Pro to avoid the issues with the Orbi Home??

So, couldnt take the endless disconnects with the Orbi home unit, and switched to Eero pro, for now..

Problem is, I really like the Orbi Speeds and looks, but couldnt take the random drops and disconnects, which never happen with the Eero pro..Just saw the Orbi Pro, and it appears there are NONE of the firmware issues with the Pro that the Home is plagued with..

Anyone switched yet,a nd have an opinion?

thanks

Message 1 of 3
t_k
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Anyone Switch to Orbi Pro to avoid the issues with the Orbi Home??

wase4711 - The Orbi Pro's are certainly going to have the same issues as the Orbi Homes. They both use a Netgear-modified OpenWRT firmware and definitely use the same WDS system (backhaul). Since the backhaul is the cause of the issues, there is no chance they will be more stable. You'll have the same disconnects.

If you're looking to spend more money anyway, and you want more speed - get a Ubiquity Unifi AC-Pro 5 pack. You'll get 3x3 MU-MIMO to your clients (faster than the 2x2 MU-MIMO you get with the Orbi's.

If you can use a wired connection between the AP's, great. If not, with the Unifi's you can use those same 3x3 MU-MIMO radios for a backhaul. Even with a wireless AP to AP connection, your speed will be nearly as fast as the Orbi, if not faster, and stable.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 2 of 3
wase4711
Luminary

Re: Anyone Switch to Orbi Pro to avoid the issues with the Orbi Home??

well, I guess I am lucky then, because in almost a month of using the Orbi Pro, I have had zero issues; no disconnects, great speed, and great range..

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7