× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bought RBR10/RBS10 (RBK13) hoping to run three separate wifi networks. What next?

jj12345
Aspirant

Bought RBR10/RBS10 (RBK13) hoping to run three separate wifi networks. What next?

I'm trying to implement a home wifi system with three separate networks. These are to be (1) my main family wifi network, (2) a separate network for wireless home automation devices, and (3) a guest network. 

I bought an RBR10/RBS10 system (RBK13) thinking I could use it for networks 1 & 2 with an attached old apple router for 3. However, after purchasing the system I've come to discover it doesn't interact with Apple routers. 

Looking for advice about how to implement such a system economically. I assume I'll have to return the RBK13 system and purchase something more expensive.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Bought RBR10/RBS10 (RBK13) hoping to run three separate wifi networks. What next?

You could probably use the Apple as a 2ndary wired AP is about it. 

Orbi systems are meant for single SSID broadcast and wifi use. Adding the Apple router in AP mode would be a separate SSID broadcast off the Orbi system. 

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Bought RBR10/RBS10 (RBK13) hoping to run three separate wifi networks. What next?

@jj12345 wrote:

I've come to discover it doesn't interact with Apple routers. 

Can you explain more about this?

Message 3 of 4
jj12345
Aspirant

I've read on these forums and elsewhere that there is an incompatibility. Also, when I set up my Orbi, I tried to also include an Apple airport device on the network (that created another wifi network). It didn't work. 

Having read about this incompatibility, I didn't try much harder to make it work. Sorry, I can't help more here as I am new to this product/community.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7