Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Brand new RBK13 cannot get satellites to sync

dfinn
Initiate

Brand new RBK13 cannot get satellites to sync

I picked up a brand new RBK13 setup today from the Walmart black friday deal.  The router is working fine but I cannot get either satellite to sync.  I've tried multiple rounds of powering them off and back on as well as the router, powering that on first and then the satellites next.  I've tried the sync button, I've tried to get them to sync via the phone app and admin web UI.  I tried a factory reset of all 3 devices.  Nothing seems to work. 

The satellites eventually light up orange which is supposed to mean they need to be moved closer to the base but I have them in the same room, about 4 feet apart.  Something else must be wrong.  Not sure what else to try.  Has anyone else run into this?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
dfinn
Initiate

Re: Brand new RBK13 cannot get satellites to sync

I was able to get a hold of netgear support and they were super helpful.  What I didn't realize is that to do a factory reset you have to press AND hold the button in for 30 seconds to actually do the reset.  Once I did that the satellites came back up and were able to sync with the router.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
dfinn
Initiate

I was able to get a hold of netgear support and they were super helpful.  What I didn't realize is that to do a factory reset you have to press AND hold the button in for 30 seconds to actually do the reset.  Once I did that the satellites came back up and were able to sync with the router.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. 

Message 3 of 4
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @dfinn,

Thank you for posting the solution to the issue you were experiencing! I have confirmed this appears to be an issue our engineering team is continuing to investigat. Your suggested work around to factory reset the unit is the recommended solution until a new firmware is released to resolve the root cause of this issue.

For the benefit of others visiting this thread, more information can be found in the following article: 

https://kb.netgear.com/000062566/The-router-and-satellite-of-my-Orbi-RBK13-are-not-syncing-what-do-I...

Please let me know if you have additional issues.

Best Regards,

ChristineT

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7