Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can I use telnet through Orbilogin.com?

Dogzelda
Follower

Can I use telnet through Orbilogin.com?

I have my Orbi system set up as an Access Point behind my U-verse router. I can not access the system through 192.168.1.1. Is there a way to use the telnet features through Orbilogin.com? If not, does anyone else have a suggestion of getting into the system since I can not do it through 192.168.1.1

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Depending upon what the Orbi router is getting from the ISP modem IP address wise, this will me how you connect to telnet on the Orbi, so if the Orbi changed it's LAN IP address to avoid a confllic with the ISP modem, it maybe now using 191.168.0.@ or a 10.something address pool string on the LAN side. Use this IP address string to connect to telnet. 

Message 2 of 4
ekhalil
Master

This is because the U-verse router is another router in your network.

Please disconnect the U-verse router, restart Orbi and log in to Orbi with oebilogin.com.

After that you need either to set the U-verse router into bridged state or set Orbi into AP Mode.

Message 3 of 4
ekhalil
Master

@ekhalil wrote:

This is because the U-verse router is another router in your network.

Please disconnect the U-verse router, restart Orbi and log in to Orbi with oebilogin.com.

After that you need either to set the U-verse router into bridged state or set Orbi into AP Mode.

Once you disconnect the U-verse router you should be able to login to Orbi using 192.168.1.1 (if you did not change the default DHCP range in Orbi).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7