Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Find The Satellite

Bujinkage
Aspirant

Can't Find The Satellite

Hi guys,

I hope someone is going to be able to help me. So, I did an update of the firmware and since then my router doesn't seems to be able to find my satellite. I can get through the internet while being connected with a cable on my satellite, but the system don't seems to be able to find it.

All I get is a "Waiting for a connection" message.

Capture d’écran 2018-06-18 à 16.29.10.png

And when I am trying to do a manual update, the console don't seems to be able to find the satellite - like it doesn't exist at all.

Capture d’écran 2018-06-18 à 16.19.29.png

Also, when looking in the connected device, I seems to see it.

Capture d’écran 2018-06-18 à 18.07.18.png

Do you guys have any idea on what to do?

Thank you!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't Find The Satellite

Do you update the satellite FW first or the Router first. You need to update the satellite FW first...

Message 2 of 8
Bujinkage
Aspirant

Hi!

I just updated the setup automatically with the update option. I was expecting to do it by itself. I guess I should update manually...

Any idea what should I do now? My router can't sems to detect the satellite no matter what I do. 😕

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you happen to remember what version of FW you had loaded on the router and satellite? 

Have you tried a factory reset on the satellite then attempt to re-add it via wireless and using the sync buttons? 

Message 4 of 8
martinhj
Apprentice

I updated manually to 2.1.4.16 manually last week and had similar issues...I updatyyed Satellite and it all came back up and connected then did router and satellite was not connected...so I ended up rebooting both and that seemed to solve the issue. It di take a little longer than usual to find the satellite so I doint know if I just didnt wait long enough the first time around

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe you need to give it time, about 5 minutes for the satellite to come back online to be sure. Sounds like its back up and running.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
Bujinkage
Aspirant

Sooooo, nothing new since yesterday. I am about to give things up and buy myself another system, from another manufacturer...

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the satellite and router? 

As last resort, I would do a ERASE on both satellite and router, then set up from scratch. Besure the satellite is starting distanct of about 30 feet from the router. Depending on building materials. 

If the satelite still fails, possible that the satellite unit is bad and needs to be replaced. Something to ask NG for an RMA about. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7