Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can’t connect to Orbi LBR20

julescurty
Aspirant

Can’t connect to Orbi LBR20

When I first set the router up we had IPads, smart tv and phones connected to the Orbi router now we can’t get any device to connect to it. The signal available is not the strongest but it pulled it very well when first set up. I have reset the router multiple times but with no success. Is there something I’m missing to get it back to supporting devices? Is there a way to test to see if anything internally has failed?
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Can’t connect to Orbi LBR20

Do you have a device that can connect to the router with an Ethernet cable?

(desktop? laptop? TV? )

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

There is a difference between 'reset' and 'factory reset'.

• Reset causes the router to reboot, but does not change any configuration settings
  • Factory reset erases all user configuration, which includes changing the WiFi SSID/password back to what is printed on the product label.

Message 3 of 5
julescurty
Aspirant

We have a laptop that can connect with ethernet but I went ahead and purchased Gearhead support yesterday and they walked me through reconfiguring the Orbi. Worked great rest of the day yesterday now this morning the light ring around the top is a violet color and there’s no internet service again. Suggestions?
Message 4 of 5
julescurty
Aspirant

Did a reset and internet is back up. Sorry to sound like the boy who cried wolf but after spending over an hour on the phone yesterday with tech support and getting a purple light this morning I was not happy to say the least. Still figuring out our Orbi but we like it so far.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7