Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can’t get anything to get wireless to router only Satelite

Joeyg023
Follower

Can’t get anything to get wireless to router only Satelite

I have the RBK50 with the router and Satelite system. I’m not sure if i set something up wrong so far, but I’ve done the factory reset 3 times with the same result every time. Basically I can’t get anything to connect wirelessly to the router only wired connections work. Everything connects great to the Satelite, but i can be in the same room(office) as the router and it still won’t connect to the router. I’ll have 2 bars since I’m 50ft or so away from the Satelite. You would think it would auto configure since I’m so close. Also i noticed if i turn off the Satelite i have no WiFi at all. Only thing that will work is the hard wired connections. Just my computer and Arlo camera system. Is their a setting somewhere that turns off WiFi on the router or something? I’m going to try to attach a picture of what my advanced wireless settings show.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Re: Can’t get anything to get wireless to router only Satelite

How do you know that the wifi is connecting to the satellites?

Orbi devices use the same SSID for all devices.

By the way on a Windows PC  Alt+Print screen is a better way of getting screen grabs than a camera.

Message 2 of 3
gr8sho
Virtuoso

Re: Can’t get anything to get wireless to router only Satelite

@Joeyg023 

It’s okay to disable daisychain in your instance.  Fast Roaming isn’t necessary either.   The other two advanced options will be of benefit for modern cell phones.  

When doing a factory reset, I like using paperclip method, base first and then satellite with no connected devices.  Use a wired PC to login to the Orbi and manually enter required configuration changes.  Avoid loading saved backups unless and until you trust the setup.  

The Orbi smartphone app does provide indicator of where a given device is connected.  Likewise visible in the management console via browser interface.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7